Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Harley Davidson FLHX Street Glide First Impressions


I took a ten mile ride on my new 2006 FLHX Street Glide. I've spent the last five years on a FXSTS Springer Softail, here's how it compares. I put a Hooker Exhaust and Mikuni HSR 42 Carb on my Street Glide. The Hooker pipes have a deep mellow sound not super loud but certainly better than stock and will make you happy. My FXSTS has Vance & Hines Big Radius pipes and they are much louder but not as deep sounding. The streetglide seemed to have more rumble and shaking but i've not ridden my FXSTS in several months so perhaps not. The suspension on the Streetglide seemed stiffer than my FXSTS probably due to the lowered rear but was still plenty comfortable but no springy air ride that the ultra glides might offer. I added the Harley Davidson reach seat which put my feet flat on the ground vs tiptoes as the stock streetglide seat created. The reach seat is firm but will likley break in nicely and being firm should be better for long trips. The back support on the reach seat is great, i've never had a seat that seemed to support my lumbar as well. The sound system is pretty good, only used it in the garage so far. I'll post another update after my next ride.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home