Saturday, August 26, 2006

Hooker Tuned Flow Exhaust For Streetglide

So when I bought my Streetglide I hadn't picked out an exhaust but didn't want to bring the FLHX back to have that put on since I was already set on doing the Mikuni HSR42 carb and Screaming Eagle air filter kit. I had a discussion with the service manager about my plans and he recommended the Hooker Tuned Flow slip-ons. I didn't do my homework but lucked out because I like these and my dyno numbers are nice. What I wondered about was did tuned flow mean you could tune the pipes or that they were pre-tuned from Hooker. When I had my SE-204 cam installed and the Streetglide dyno tuned I noticed the tone of the exhaust had gotten louder and deeper sounding very nice. I even had a guy stop me at a gas station and ask about the pipes because he felt they had the "Harley Sound". So i'm surfing and I come across this.

https://www.directparts.com/cgi-bin/dp.store/EN/Product/07-970

Turns out it is a tunable system so maybe the dealer tuned the slip-on exhaust when they did the dyno-tune. Anyway i'm pleased so if your considering slip-on exhaust for the Streetglide these are making me happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home